Wednesday 29 July 2015

Random Ramblings: Two





The book cover of my first novel is ready. 

I owe it to Sayani Nandi, an energetic girl who volunteered to do it.

But so far I have rewritten only eight chapters out of thirty-three. Every day in the morning, after I get up from bed, I promise myself not to open the social media, whatsup and facebook to be precise, and concentrate on my work. The primary job, which provides me the daily bread, has become routine and doesn't intrude into my private space now. Besides, I have learned to moderate my aspirations and therefore I can squeeze out reasonable time for my new hobby, writing. But, even then why I am not able to finish what I had been planning? I was wondering about it for some time, and today, after I have read the news about Anuradha Roy`s third book has been long listed for Man Booker 2015, it has begun haunting me for “Banalata Sen” one of the best poems of Jibananda Das, that I have used in my novel, had found a prominent place in Anuradha`s novel too. At this rate, if I keep on procrastinating, soon people might condemn me for plagiarisation.

I have heard about her somewhere, sometime back, but haven’t read any of her books. I read what the blurb of the book”Sleeping on Jupiter”, and it seems interesting. Jarmuli, a temple town sounds like Puri, but the author had rejected the suggestion, that`s what the reporter writes. For those who are interested to buy the book or e-book, here is the link.

http://www.amazon.in/Sleeping-Jupiter-anuradha-roy/dp/9350099365/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1438232813&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=sleeping+in+the+jupiter

And for more discerning followers of yours truly, here is the link for long list of Man Booker award 2015.

http://www.themanbookerprize.com/news/man-booker-prize-announces-2015-longlist


No comments:

Post a Comment